AUGUST 6 & 13
• Stomping Ground Dances will be held August 6 and 13, 8 - 11 p.m. at 770 Ky Rt. 1947, Grayson. Contact Charles and Becky Perkins for more information at 606.474.8045.
AUGUST 8 - 13
• The Carter County Fair is set for August 8 - 13. Gates will open at 5 p.m. at the Carter County Fairgrounds. For more information contact Will Davis at 606.255.0685 or email email@example.com.
• Descendants of Luther & Madeline Rodgers Erwin will hold their family reunion August 13, 2 p.m. at George Erwin Farm on James Chapel Road Olive Hill. Bring a covered dish and lawn chair and enjoy the day.
For more information contact Terra Bond 606.286.8805.
• The 3rd Annual 5K “Dive for the Finish” will be held August 13 at the Grayson Fire Station. Contact Kyle Morgan for more information 606.255.9941.
• Sarah’s Place will be offering the Kentucky State Certified Nurse Aide Classes beginning Monday, August 15, and ending October 7, 2016.
Register in person at Sarah’s Place on August 8 and August 10, 10 am – 3 pm or by appointment at 738- 5849.
•The Carter County Extension Council will meet on Tuesday, August 16, noon at the Carter County Extension Office. The Extension District Board will meet immediately following the conclusion of the Extension Council.
• The Carter County Board of Education will meet at the Central Office on Thursday, August 18, 6 p.m.
AUGUST 18 - 28
• The Kentucky State Fair will be Aug. 18 - 28. Volunteers and business information needed. Contact Grayson Tourism at 606.474.8740.
• The event, “Team Goat” Walk for Change Suicide Prevention and Awarness, will take place Saturday August 20, 4-9 p.m. at the Greenbo Lake State Park.
• A ‘Reach Out’ Community Cookout will take place August 27, 11 a.m. at the Olive Hill City Park. The event is free with food, facepainting and live music provided by Scars & Strips and Divine Destiny. There will also be a message delivered.
• The Carter County Cruisers will have their bi-monthly cruise at NAPA Auto Parts, 670 E. Tom T. Hall Blvd. in Olive Hill on Sept. 3, 6 - 10 p.m. There will be free entry, door prizes, music and three awards. Sponsors are being added weekly. Call (606) 207-7327 for more information.
• Grayson Chamber Cup Golf Scramble is set for Sept. 10 at Hidden Cove Golf Course at Grayson Lake State Park. Teams and sponsors are needed by Aug. 12. Registration will be at 7:45 a.m. with Tee-off at 8:30 a.m. Call 474.4401 for more information.
• Grayson Chamber monthly meeting will be at noon on Sept. 13.
• The Carter County Board of Education will meet at the Central Office on Thursday, Sept. 15, 6 p.m.
OCTOBER 7 - 8
• All-Class Reunion is set for Oct. 7 - 8 at the Olive Hill Historical Society building - the old OHHS.
• Funtober Fest is set for Oct. 8, all day - in downtown Grayson. New for this year - Jeep Cruise-In, also an American Cross Blood Drive. For more information, contact Chair Janie Sturgill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 11 is the last day to register to vote in the general election. (Monday, Oct. 10, is a legal holiday - Columbus Day.)
• The Carter County Board of Education will meet at the Prichard Elementary School on Thursday, October 20, 6 p.m.
• The Chamber Board of Directors Meeting, will be October 18, 5:30 p.m., at the City Building.
• Sarah’s Place- 5K Run will be Saturday, October 29, in Grayson. Contact: Ashley Traylor at 606-783-4270 for more information.
• General Election Day (the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November). Polls will be open 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. County boards of elections to be in session all day. Mail-in absentee ballots must be received by the clerk before 6 p.m. County boards of elections to meet at the county clerk’s office at 10 a.m. to count absentee ballots.
• The Carter County Board of Education will meet at the East Carter Middle School on Thursday, November 17, 6 p.m.
• The Carter County Board of Education will meet at the West Carter Middle School on Thursday, December 15, 6 p.m.
In the world of MUSIC
• Jammin At The Park - Bluegrass Music event - is set for August 18 - 20 at the Shrine Park in Olive Hill. This event is presented by the City of Olive Hill and hosted by Larry Cordle and Dave Parmley. For ticket information call Mick - 316.7169, Christy - 831.4319 or Chris - 286.1805.
• Reach Out Community Cookout is set for Saturday, August 27, 11 a.m. in the Olive Hill City Park.
Live music will be provided by Scars & Strips and Divine Destiny.
There will be preaching, also free food and facepainting.
• The Fraley Festival of Traditional Music is set for Sept. 7 - 10 at Carter Caves State Resort Park in Olice Hill. Traditional musical instruments such as the dulcimer, fiddle and guitar are used to tell stories about a life long ago along the foothills of Eastern Kentucky. The music at the Fraley Festival has not been confined to any one type. Folk, old-time, western, western swing, early country, and others are played on a regular basis at the festival. There are all sorts of musical configurations, from family bands or husband and wife duets, to people playing on stage who just met each other a few minutes ago in the parking lot. Wednesday night is a free “jamming in the round” session at the Recreation Shelter House in the campground. Concerts will be held in the Park Amphitheatre on Thursday evening, Friday afternoon & evening, and Saturday afternoon & evening. Concert fees range from $4-$10. A $25 weekend pass is available which admits you to all the concerts and jam sessions. For more information visit the event website at www.fraleyfestival.com
The Col. Bill Williams Music Festival is the third of the Greenbo Summer Music Series. Col. Bill Williams Heritage Music Festival will take place at Greenbo Lake's amphitheater
This event is sponsored by the Greenup Extension Arts Council.
Admission is free and the festival will be 5 - 10 p.m. on Sept. 10.
For more information, call 606.473.7324 or email email@example.com.