NOTICE • Anyone wanting a copy of the story “Beautyville: Murder in my Family” - by Lydia Justice Edwards (which was published in Eastern Kentucky Voice), may obtain one by contacting her at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE • 2017 Grayson Memory Days t-shirts and totes are on sale. Shirts are light gray and short sleeve. Totes are a silver-gray color. Sizes available: small through x-large - $10 - 2xl - 4 xl - $12 - totes - $5. For more information or to order, call 606.474.4401.
NOTICE • East Carter FFA Greenhouse is now open for spring with ferns in stock and ready to go along with other items. The greenhouse is located behind the school and open Monday - Friday 9am -6pm. and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.
• The deadline to register for the Memory Days Window/Store front display contest is noon on May 24.
• Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce and Carter County Public Library will present Free Family Movie Night May 25, 9 - 10:30 p.m. at the JMK Park, Pomeroy Street, Grayson. The movie will be Sing - rated PG. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and come hungry.
• There will be a 4th of July Celebration meeting at the Depot in Olive Hill May 25, 6 p.m.
MAY 25 - 27
• Spring Nationals Racing at Little Sandy Raceway located at 2061 State Highway 1661 in Grayson will be May 25-27. Contact: email@example.com or call 606.474.2255.
MAY 25 - 28
• Grayson Memory Days, downtown - Main Street will be May 25 - 28. The parade will be May 27, 3 p.m.
MAY 26 - 27
• The Carter County Public Library in Grayson will host - Friends of the Library Used Book Sale – Friday, May 26 and Saturday, May 27, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, in the community room. Contact Patty Greene 606.474.3241. The Friends of the Carter County Public Library is an independent non-profit organization that works to support the Carter County Public Library through fundraising, volunteerism and community outreach. All proceeds of the Memory Days book sale will go to the Friends of the Carter County Public Library. The money raised will be spent on CCPL programs, facilities, materials and community outreach.
• F!NAL FR!DAY Art & Live Music on May 26, 6-9 p.m. “Regional Favorites” Saturday 10 a.m .- 2 p.m. at the Grayson Gallery & Art Center 301 E. Third & N. Carol Malone Grayson KY. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 606.922.0927.
• The Prichard Alumni Assoc. will hold their annual meeting at the First Baptist Church Ministry Center on May 27. Registration is at 5 p.m. and the dinner will be at 6 p.m. Pre-registration price is $15 and cost at the door is $25. Deadline is Friday, May 20. This year's reunion is being sponsored by the Class of 1967.
• The Grayson Gallery & Art Center will present “Heart of the Parks Art Competition, Show & Sale: May 27, at 301 E. Third Street, Grayson, during Memory Days. This event is open to the public 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with an awards ceremony at 2:30. The judge will be Nathan Zammaron, Community Arts Director of LexArts in Lexington. Rain location - First Church of Christ Family Life Center, Third & Pomeroy Street in Grayson.
• Drive 4 Your Community @ City Park, Grayson, a KY Arts, Beautification and Culture Project. email@example.com 606-922-0927.
• A.C.V.C. will host the Annual Dog Jog on Main Street, Grayson on May 27. Contact 606.474.5146 for more information.
• Back Roads Animal Rescue will have a Bucket Brigade on Carol Malone Blvd., Grayson from 9 a.m. - noon on May 27.
• Rattlesnake Ridge Community Center will host the final spring 2017 Bluegrass Music concert Saturday, May 27, 7 p.m. with the New Highway Bluegrass Gospel Band and a reunion show of The Rowan County Ramblers. This will be throwback Saturday with $5 admission for adults and no charge for children under 13. Concessions will be available. Call 474.2920 for more information.
• Dionysus Beverage Sales will celebrate its 2nd Anniversary on May 27, 2 - 6 p.m. There will be music, food and beverages.
• Cascade Cave-In Movie Night: Disney’s “Moana” 6:30 p.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. firstname.lastname@example.org 606.286.4411
• Adulting: 5:30 p.m. Being a Nice Human & Good Employee Carter County Extension Center 94 Fairgrounds Dr., Grayson Whitney.email@example.com 606 474-6686.
• Carter County Community Partners Strategic Planning meeting will be June 1, noon, at Estep’s Restaurant.
JUNE 1 - 3
• Olive Hill Trade Days are set for June 1 – 3 at the beautiful Carter County Shrine Park in Olive Hill, hosted by the City of Olive Hill. Gates will open at 8 a.m and close at 8 p.m. Admission will be $1 per person. Each person will receive a ticket for that entire day and the ticket is good for a daily drawing. Olive Hill Trail Town Task Force will have its Heritage June 2 – 3, during Trade Days. The ride will begin at the Depot Trailhead and more information is available at www.olive-hill.org. Greenup County Cruisers will have a cruise-in Sat. June 3, 3 – 8 p.m. at the Olive Hill Elementary, located at the entrance to the Shrine Park. Call Al Lewis at 606.831.2273 for more information. Batman and his Car will be at Trade Days June 3, noon – 3 p.m. For more information or to register as a vendor or a camper, call Mick Grills at 316.7169, Christy Brown at 831.4319 or Chris Binion at 286.1805. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUNE 1 - 30
• Wellness Hiking Evenings & Weekends Grayson Lake or LaurelGorge. Contact: 606-316-256 email@example.com
• Spring Heritage Trail Ride, Olive Hill Trail Town on Tygart Street (Trail Head), Olive Hill - June 2 - 3. firstname.lastname@example.org 606-255-0483.
• West Carter Football will be hosting the First Annual Comet Touchdown 5K on June 3 at the WCHS football field. The event is open to all who wish to run or walk in the event. Medals will be given out and each participant receives a t-shirt. Cost is $20 for each individual runner, $25 after May 31. For groups of 10 or more, cost is $10 per participant.
• FUNtober Fest Committee meeting is set for 5 p.m. June 6 at the Grayson City Building. This is the first meeting and volunteers are needed. The chair is Janie Sturgill.
• Outdoor Play date for Preschoolers 10 a.m. – noon Carter County Extension Center, 94 Fairgrounds Dr., Grayson. Whitney.email@example.com 606-474-6686.
• Second Saturday Music and Art Shindig set for June 8, 6 - 10 p.m. with various musicians, refreshments - free - at the Grayson Art Gallery. Contact Dan Click for more information,
JUNE 8 - 9
• Moonlight Paddles on Grayson Lake, 8 -10:30 p.m. @ Bruin Boat Ramp, Grayson Lake. Call 606-316-2565 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Crafters in the Park - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Campground - Grayson Lake State Park, 314 Grayson Lake State Park Rd., Olive Hill. Call Angel Litton 606-474-9727.
• Second Saturday Music, 4-10 p.m. at the Grayson Gallery & Art Center, 301 E. Third, Grayson. Call 606-922-0927 email@example.com
• Summer Salad & Sweets Lunchtime will be at the Shoppes on the Hill, 110 Comet Drive Olive Hill. Olivehillhistoricalsociety.org firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-5505.
• Summer In the Son (for high school) Kentucky Christian University, 100 Academic Parkway, Box 2032 Grayson. Contact: email@example.com or 606-474-3277.
• The Grayson Chamber of Commerce will meet at Mel’s Place at noon on June 13. Guest speaker will be KY Agricultural Commissioner Ryan Quarles. Member of the Month - Grayson Tourism & Convention Commission and Emerging Business of the Month - Carter County Thunder.
• Carter County Extension Homemakers Annual Meeting, 10 a.m. - Carter County Extension Center, 94 Fairgrounds Dr., Grayson. Whitney.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-474-6686.
• Relay for Life is set for June 17, 4-11 p.m. at the Carter County Shrine Club Park, 459 Parker Memorial Dr. Olive Hill. For more information, call Becky Walker 606-255-0595.
• Cascade Cave-In Movie Night: Harry & the Hendersons 6:30 p.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Paul.email@example.com 606-286-4411.
• On Saturday, June 17, Justice Cousins, who are descendants of Allison Justice and one of his three wives, invite you to come to the Shelter by the Pool at Carter Caves at 1 p.m. for a Covered Dish Banquet and Justice Olympic Games. Start practicing your hula-hoop moves! Bring the kids. Margaux is coming from Idaho with her entire family of six. She wants to meet her Kentucky cousins. Also because ELVIS is one of our cousins, after all, search out your sideburns and bell-bottoms for our Elvis Look Alike and sing alike contest. Big guitar prizes. Bring your favorite dish. We all love fried chicken. Refreshments and tableware are provided. For more information, contact: Aunt Lydia 208.630.3913.
• Summer in the Son (for high school) Kentucky Christian University, 100 Academic Parkway Box 2032 Grayson. firstname.lastname@example.org 606-474-3277.
• Beginner Rock Climbing Adventures 9:30 a.m. - Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Coy.email@example.com 606-286-4411.
• Kids Can Cook Camp - Grades K-8, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Carte County Extension Center 94 Fairgrounds Dr., Grayson. Whitney.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-474-6686.
• 17th Annual RudyFest Bluegrass Festival Carter County Fairgrounds, U. S. 60 W, P.O. Box 239, Grayson. www.rudyfest.com 606-316-6677
• Mr. and Mrs. Olive Hill pageant is set for June 25, 2 p.m. Doors will open at 1 p.m. Admission is $3 and under six - free. Vendors will be set up. Contact Sheana Barker at 606.315.0600 or Kim Fultz at 606.316.2397 for more information.
JUNE 25 - 30
• Summer in the Son (for junior high students) will be at Kentucky Christian University, 100 Academic Parkway Box 2032. Contact info.: email@example.com 606-474-3277
• Natural Bridge Rappel - 12:30 - 6:30 p.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Contact: Coy.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411
• Adulting “Car Stuff” - Carter County Extension Center, 94 Fairgrounds Dr., Grayson Whitney.email@example.com 606-474-6686.
• “On with the Show! Songs from Stage and Screen” will once again be part of Olive Hill July 4 Homecoming week of events. The event features a delicious summer meal and presentation of songs from Broadway, movies and TV by our talented local performing artists. This event will be Friday, June 30. Tickets will go on sale around May 13. Dinner - 6 p.m. and show - 7 p.m. Tickets are $18 for dinner and show. Call 606.286.5505 for more information.
• F!NAL FR!DAY 6-9 p.m. Art Show & Live Music Grayson Gallery 301 E. Third & N. Carol Malone Blvd. Grayson. firstname.lastname@example.org 606-922-0927.
• Cruisin Grayson Car Show to Benefit Meals on Wheels 5:30-8:30 - Grayson City Park, 200 N. Carol Malone Grayson. Contact: Steve & Louise Taylor 606-474-7410.
• Carter County Thunder will be at the Carter County Fairgrounds Saturday evening July 1. For more information, contact Lincoln Theinert at CarterCountyThunderinc@yahoo.com or call 606.776.6560.
• 4th Annual Christmas in July 5K Run presented by Commercial Bank of Grayson and Project Merry Christmas will be July 1 with registration at 8am. Run begins at 8:30am at West Carter Middle School. Registration is $20 if registered by June 28, $25 for day of registration. Call Rachel Bowling at 606.474.7811 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. All proceeds benefit Project Merry Christmas.
• Olive Hill Homecoming Parade 3 p.m. & Fireworks at dusk on July 4 - downtown Olive Hillwww.olivehillchamber.com 606-784-3575
• Wellness Hikes Evenings & Weekends - Grayson Lake or Laurel Gorge firstname.lastname@example.org 606-316-25651.
• Summer Nationals Races - Little Sandy Raceway, 2061 State Hwy 1661 Grayson. email@example.com 606-474-2255.
• Moonlight Paddles on Grayson Lake, Bruin Boat Ramp Grayson Lake, Grayson. firstname.lastname@example.org 606-316-2565.
• Second Saturday Music 6-10 p.m. Grayson Gallery & Art Center 301 E. Third & N. Carol Malone, Grayson. email@example.com 606-922-0927.
• Cascade Cave-In Movie Night: Pirates, Band of Misfits 6:30 p.m. - Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Rd. Olive Hill. Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411.
• Summer Salad & Sweets Lunchtime - Shoppes on the Hill, 110 Comet Drive Olive Hill. www.olivehillhistoricalsociety.org email@example.com 606-286-5505.
JULY 13 - 15
• Carter County Shrine Club will present the 27th Annual Bluegrass Festival in Olive Hill on July 13 – 15. For advance tickets, call Alma at 606.286.4611 (day) or 606.286.4075 (evening) or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sturgill’s Music Center, 459 Parker Memorial Dr., Olive Hill, KY 41164. For more information, call Show Manager Ryan Barker at 606.548.0833; advertising/sponsorship – Mick Nolen – 286.6014 or 369.0154; camping – Bruce Varney – 606.353.9551 or 606.625.1335; and for vending – Buggy Jordan – 606.255.6738.
• Carter Christian Academy 6th Annual Golf Scramble will be held July 15 at Hidden Cove Golf Course at Grayson Lake State Park. Format is 4 player scramble, cost of $300/per team ($75/per person). Check-in from 8-8:45am, tee off at 9am. Lunch and awards to follow. For more information call at 606.831.0338.
• Natural Bridge Rappel - 12:30-6:30 p.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill Coy.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411.
• Beginner Rock Climbing Adventures 9:30 a.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Coy.email@example.com 606-286-4411
• Pioneer Life Week - Live Demonstration/Camp at Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Contact: Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org 800-325-0059 or 606-286-4411.
• Cruisin’ Grayson Car Show 5:30-8:30 - benefit Meals on Wheels - Grayson City Park, 200 N. Carol Malone Grayson. Contact: Steve & Louise Taylor 606-474-7410.
• F!NAL FR!DAY 6-9 p.m. Open Art & Live Music Grayson Gallery 301 E. Third & N. Carol Malone Grayson. email@example.com 606-922-0927.
JULY 28 - 30
• STANDOUT Weekend of WARship is set for July 28 - 30 at the Carter County Shrine Park in Olive Hill. Gates will open at 3 p.m. on Friday. Guests this year will be Pastor Greg Locke, Tiffany Porter, Prayer Warriors Band and The Shine Effect. This event is free and everyone is welcome.
• Wellness Hikes Evenings & Weekends Grayson Lake or Laurel Gorge firstname.lastname@example.org 606-316-2565.
• Fruth Pharmacy Scholarship Golf Tournament is set for Aug. 3 with a deadline of June 27. Contact Charles A. Massey, Fruth Pharmacy, 304.812.0177, email@example.com.
• Natural Bridge Rappel - 12:30-6:30 p.m. at Carter Caves State Resort Park, 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Contact: Coy.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411.
• SOAR Summit set for Aug. 4.
• U. S. 60 Yard Sale - Carter County Hwy U.S. 60, Boyd County to Rowan County Grayson Tourism email@example.com 606-474-8740.
• 2017 Miss Carter County Fair Pageant, 3 p.m. Prichard Elementary Gym, 401 E. Main Grayson. www.cartercountyfair.org firstname.lastname@example.org 606-922-4391.
• Moonlight Paddles on Grayson Lake at Bruin Boat Ramp Grayson Lake, Grayson, For more info.: email@example.com 606-316-2565.
• Beginner Rock Climbing Adventures 9:30 a.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill, KY Coy.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411.
• 26th Carter County Fair Gates open 5 p.m. Carter County Fairgrounds U. S. 60 West Grayson, KY www.cartercountyfair.org Will.email@example.com 606-255-0685.
• Erwin Reunion- descendants of Luther and Madeline Rodgers Erwin will hold their Family Reunion at 1pm August 12 in the Globe Christian Church Fellowship Hall in Olive Hill. Bring a covered dish and enjoy the day. For more information contact Terra Bond 606.255.0209.
• Cascade Cave-In Movie Night: Lego Batman- 6:30 p.m. Carter Caves State Resort Park 344 Caveland Dr. Olive Hill. Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org 606-286-4411.
• Second Saturday Music, 6-10 p.m. Grayson Gallery & Art Center 301 E. Third and N. Carol Malone, Grayson. Graysongallery@gmail.com 606-922-0927.
• Summer Salad & Sweet Lunchtime - Shoppes on the Hill, 110 Olive Hill. email@example.com www.olivehillhistoricalsociety.org 606-286-5505.
• The annual Welcome KCU Students event is set for Aug. 21, 4:15 - 6:15 p.m. Business booths are available. Call 474.3151 to schedule a booth.